The Investment Committee is the body responsible for formulating the Company’s investment strategy and reports directly to the Board of Directors. It comprises the following 3 members, appointed by the Board:
- Panagiota Halikias, Chairman of the Investment Committee, & Executive Board Member
- Aristidis Halikias, Secretary of the Investment Committee, & Executive Board Member
- Helen Halikias, Member of the Investment Committee, & Non- Executive Board Member
Investment recommendations are made to the Committee by the Managing Director.
Indicatively, the Investment Committee has the following responsibilities :
- Formulation of the company’s investment strategy and allocation of its portfolio by use, geographical spread and lot size.
- Approval of new investments.
- Approval of disposals according to periodic reviews of the portfolio.
- Approval of cap.ex budgets and property refurbishments / upgrades.
- Preparation of annual investment targets and sources of funding.
- Setting of lease terms for new leases and lease renegotiations.
While making investment decisions, the following factors are taken into account :
- the quality of the occupational tenant.
- the quality of the property and the location.
- the level of rents passing as compared to general market rents in the specific area.
- potential for capital growth over the medium term.
- the appropriate timing of each investment / disinvestment.
- associated risks and ways to mitigate them.
- risk-weighted returns. IRR and RoE analysis.
- the impact of the investment / disposal on the short and long term financial results of the company.